Objective: To work as a network engineer or transport engineer using my knowledge and experience with SONET, DWDM, IP, routing and switching.
Integra Telecom (Feb 2011 – Present)
NPS Service Activation Technician/Carrier SAT
- Design and implement layer 3 private MPLS VPN services on Cisco 7600/ASR9000 routers and Adtran CPEs.
- Design and implement layer 2 private MPLS VPN services on Cisco ME3400/ME3600 switches.
- Provision and troubleshoot customers on Infinera/Ciena DWDM systems.
- Work with wholesale customers to troubleshoot SONET/Ethernet circuits.
- Provision and turn up customers on Cisco 15454, Whiterock, Turin and Fujitsu Transport gear.
- Provision and turn up customers on Metaswitch, class 5 voice switches.
- Build and configure Accedian based MEF certified Ethernet networks (EPL, EVLP, E-Tree).
- Experience with designing circuits within Oracle MetaSolv Solution and ordering circuits with various LECs and IXCs.
- Setup and built a wiki documentation system.
- Reorganized and accounted for our VLAN usage network wide.
Noel Communications, Inc. (June 2008 – Feb 2011, remained on retainer until May 2012)
- Managed the IP network, layer 2 switching and routing. Including troubleshooting and turning up new customers.
- Managed their BGP peering with customers, providers and Seattle Internet Exchange members.
- Maintained and created their fiber route maps.
- Provisioned customers on Cisco 15454 based SONET network.
- Acted as the first point of contact for computer support for co-workers.
- Created GPS based route maps for entire owned/leased fiber network.
- Migrated from a Cisco 7206 router based core to a Cisco 6500 based switching core.
- Implemented and upgraded the public facing website and built a new web ticketing system based around the open source RT system.
- Setup and promoted their open peering policy on the Seattle Internet Exchange.
Washington Broadband/NWInfo.Net (Jan 2007 – June 2008)
- Managed all aspects of the network for a 2000+ user ISP.
- Built out the wireless infrastructure into new markets.
- Responsible for configuring and installing radios and antennas on towers.
- Managed our upstream infrastructure and dealt with all IP design and troubleshooting.
- Managed our servers for internal use and for the web hosting customers.
- IOS, IOS XR, JunOS, Adtran OS
- IPv4, IPv6
- Radius, NAT, ACLs
- OSFP, BGP
- MPLS, VPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN, QOS, MEF Ethernet
- Cisco CTC ONS, Fujitsu Netsmart, Whiterock TN-Expert, Turin TransNav, Centest 650, Titan 5500/5320 DACS
- Infinera DWDM (DNA) , Ciena DWDM (On-Center)
- Hands on experience with 802.11a/b/g/n, using gear from Ubiquiti, Mikrotik, Motorola Canopy.
- Cabling, 568A/B, DS3, wire wrapping, other telco wiring.
- Real world experience installing and racking various types of gear.
- Hands on experience with various types of power system, AC/DC-48V.
- Experience with Google Earth and Delorme XMap for fiber route maps.
- Extensive hands on troubleshooting experience with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (Inactive)
- Engineers Without Borders – Olancho Aid Foundation (Honduras)
Yakima Valley Community College: 2001 – 2002
Selah High School: Diploma